Business Continuity is a topic that is taken for granted much of the time. Smart businesses plan for unexpected things, but even the best of them can get caught off guard. This is a great time to think about all the things that could go wrong and cause a disruption in your business. These are the top ten areas that can have a devastating impact to your operations.
Might as well start by talking about the elephant in the room. COVID-19 caught many businesses off guard. Quite simply, most operators never imagined that they would need to shut their doors for months and then reopen with reduced occupancy and social distancing mandates. Here are a few ideas that can help during a pandemic to keep your business running:
- Have a remote work plan. People can get a lot done from home if you set the proper expectations for productivity.
- Screen your building occupants before they come into your clean facility. Products like ePass from Firstline Software can accommodate this need.
- Conduct temperature screening year-round, even to stop the spread of the flu.
- Deploy a strong sanitation program and keep it in place post-pandemic.
- Create a culture of hygiene and general cleanliness.
- Educate your customers about all your precautions to keep them safe.
- Keep a rainy-day fund in case you must close your business temporarily.